Wednesday, May 23, 2012

More House for Hermit Crab & a Freebie

My first graders completed text to self connections to go along with A House for Hermit Crab by Eric Carle. After we read the story, introduced the activity, and had the kids share some things that they have outgrown, the fire alarm went off for a drill. After spending approximately forever ten minutes outside, some of the kids were worried if we were going to be able to complete the activity before switching to their next class. Thankfully, we were able to start it that day and finished it the following day. Here are some examples of their work! I love all their different ideas. :)

 I outgrew my bed because it was too small. My feet were at the end of the bed so I got a new bed. It was bigger than my old bed. I like my new bed.
 Once I outgrew a blue and white striped shirt. It was very old. It was size small 12. There was a hole in it so we threw it away.
 One day, I put on my socks, but they did not fit. So I put on new socks. They fit. I like them.
 I outgrew my shoes because they were too small. I got a new pair and they fit me. They had shoe laces,
I outgrew my baseball helmet so my dad gave it to my cousin Brent.

To get this activity, click the picture below. Please leave me a comment if you download it!



9 days to go!!


Cindy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much! I teach students with autism. I have 2 that have recently moved and 1 that will be moving this summer. This writing activity came at the prefect time.

Anonymous said...

Sorry - perfect

Roger David said...

Thanksgiving is a truly amazing and exciting way to meet up.
compare airport parking
airport parking gatwick

Rachel Brandon said...

Thank you for this great way to connect student learning!

Unknown said...

DO YOU NEED A PERSONAL/BUSINESS/INVESTMENT LOAN? CONTACT US TODAY VIA WhatsApp +19292227023 Email drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com

HELLO
Loan Offer Alert For Everyone! Are you financially down and you need an urgent credit/financial assistance? Or are you in need of a loan to start-up/increase your business or buy your dream house. Are you in search of a legit loan? Tired of Seeking Loans and Mortgages? Have you been turned down by your banks? Have you also been scammed once? Have you lost money to scammers or to Binary Options and Cryptocurrency Trading, We will help you recover your lost money and stolen bitcoin by our security FinanceRecovery Team 100% secured, If you are in financial pains consider your financial trauma over. We Offer LOANS from $3,000.00 Min. to $30,000,000.00 Max. at 2% interest rate NO MATTER YOUR CREDIT SCORE. GET YOUR INSTANT LOAN APPROVAL 100% GUARANTEED TODAY VIA WhatsApp:+19292227023 Email: drbenjaminfinance@gmail.com


Unknown said...

This is such a great worksheet!!! Thank you

Post a Comment